Xmas cookies

Today we are busy in the kitchen, Ali is making ale and I am making the Christmas cookies, Sophie is running around causing mischief.



I love making the Christmas Cookies each year and always mix up a batch of spiced cookie dough, very festive. I looked out some of my Christmas cutters and cut out the shapes and baked them.  While they were cooling on the racks naughty miss cookie fingers got caught red handed running off with the evidence.

I left the cookies over night just to make sure they were dried out enough and beat up a mix of icing and divided out into cups and added my colours, i use Wiltons icing gels as they have good depth of colour and last ages as you only need a tiny bit.
Madam was pleased as punch as she got the prize of the balloon whisk to lick, and now when any mixing is done she insists on having the whisk to lick and is always pleased as punch, it also keeps her fingers off my cookies while icing.
Here are the finished cookies 
Sophie couldn't wait to get her mits on a cookie but she wasn't sure if she could eat them as they looked so pretty, but after one bite she was convinced they were all for her.


 photo frogbutton.jpg


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Those biscuits are gorgeous. I made some Christmas biscuits that I was pretty proud of but yours look fab. Hope they were yummy too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. spiced cookies for Christmas are a must and tasty too i just love the edible glitter makes them really christmasy, are your cookies on your blog? do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete