Left over turkey and leek pie

I'm using up my turkey and making loads of pies to feed us through the year as it is nice to have a variety of pies to choose from.



First i cooked a little of my home cured bacon then sweated off 3 leeks and added fresh thyme and garlic. then when the leeks were softened i added the turkey both dark and light meat.

After giving this a good mix through i added some of the unflavoured cream we got for Christmas and seasoned with salt and pepper.
While this was very gently simmering in the pan to help the flavours i got a sheet of ready rolled pastry and used up some of the left over chestnuts and squashed them into the pastry.

The filling was added to the tins and the lids put on then my little helper Sophie came and egg washed the tops for me before they go in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment