How does your garden grow July Week 2

 O'k so the sun is out and the garden is blooming but i have something to tell you, this is the confession of a lantern fetish.



 Rusty ones, hanging ones, Glass ones, Turkish ones, Ikea ones, ornate ones, Lanterns lanterns everywhere,
To sit out at night drinking wine and eating good food surrounded by the romance of twinkling lights.
The lanterns have been collected from our travels some from Turkey some from Thailand where ever we go an eye is kept out for a special lantern to add to the garden.


 Before i forget here are some new blooms that have popped up this week in the garden showing off in the sun.
 One of the clematis i showed you back in June has now finished flowering and has seeded the prettiest fairy seeds that cover everything making it look almost like snow

This post has also appeared at the following sites 

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

23 comments:

  1. Ooo lanterns! So cool! Now I am sat here wondering why I don't own a single lantern... I bet they look even more amazing late evening. Love the idea of collecting ones on travels, I bet you look at them and memories come flooding back.
    I had to double take at the clematis fairy seeds as I though they were little eiderdown feathers - how dainty.
    thanks for joining in again and have a jolly lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes lovely memories buti think my poor husband thinks oh the back ache the things i have made him carry back from our travels.

      Yes i love the clematis fairy seeds to very pretty

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! You would love it where we are staying right now, the whole place is full of them! I will take a pic of my favourite for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to see it and ALL the rest of your wonderful photos

      Delete
  3. Pretty!Lanterns are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I love lanterns! We have some but they are by no means as lovely as yours. Your garden also looks absolutely stunning! Did it take a lot of time to do? I have also used mason jars and put tea lights in them as we like to sit outside and bbq in our garden as well as have a bonfire most nights. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lanterns, they look so pretty set against the trees and plants. I had no idea that clematis seeds looked like that - how lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lanterns are wonderful. What lovely things to collect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lanterns. I bet they look great at night all lit up. Do you leave them out all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your lanterns. I bet they look great at night all lit up. Do you leave them out all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the lanterns are so different - I love them! I bet it is beautiful to see them lit up at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are very pretty and set the mood nicely

      Delete
  10. I too am wondering why I have no lanterns. I mus remedy this situation, yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i set off a trend now the hardware stores will sell out this summer now

      Delete
  11. Oh Helen, I love your lanterns, they are totally fabulous, I can just imagine how gorgeous they are on a dusky summer evening twinkling away, it must be fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is nice we also have multi coloured solor lights dotted about the place too

      Delete
  12. Woo love these lanterns, you have set me off now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh those lanterns are stunning! I want to decorate my garden with some now. Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete