How does your garden grow June week 4

 Finally a bit of sunshine has popped its head out from behind the grey clouds and this has tempted the roses to start to bloom we have 2 roses in our garden a faithful rose tree with large white headed roses and a rambling climbing rose on our pergola that has smaller scented pink roses.



 I made some Rose petal syrup a while back which is nice on ice cream and cream tea's etc
Just for fun if you want to know how to make Fondant roses here is a link
 The above i am not sure of the name but liked and planted in a year ago and it is a low level creeping plant with lovely star shape purple flowers.  Purple carries on the theme with the Rhododendron which is now well established after 3 years and we love so much we got a pink version this year.
 We have a little dark area in the garden that gets partial sun so this year added a flash of colour with these bright yellow flowers i think they are petunias as that is what the label said.

 The herbs that we took out of the ground and potted up are thankfully doing well and are now flowering.

This post has be linked at the following sites 

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

17 comments:

  1. I spy buzzy bees! They are in loads of photos this week, good to see!

    Not only lovely photos but also some recipes too - love the sounds of rose petal syrup.

    Thanks for joining in again m'dear x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it seems we all have been flash mobbed by the bumblebees ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful roses! After five years, I had to dig my up and it saddened me. I will gladly drool at yours until fall when I can plant again! Thanks for stopping by my place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy planting and hope you get your roses again

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures, the rhododendron is an amazing colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and for stopping by

      Delete
  4. That Rose is just magnificent, I really did just wow at it. Your flowers are all looking so fabulous. You also inspired me to make elderflower cordial again, it's been a long time since I last did it, but I'm looking forward to summer in a glass this weekend.

    I love your blog, so many fabulous ideas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comments loving your blog too

      Delete
  5. That rose is just incredible. We've started to see them recently but not as dramatic as yours. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's real beaut isn't it we had some sun today and loads more popped out

      Delete
  6. rose petal syrup sounds lovely, must look up your post and try! I love rose water, everywhere I go I just have to sniff the roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose petal syrup, sounds lovely, must try some. Love roses, everywhere I go I just have to sniff the roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of rose petal syrup! I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww lovely flowers, I need to grow some of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im so glad hubby has taken the veg on although i have run out of space for flowers in the garden, my husband is happy about this as i wont spend any more money on the garden

      Delete