Gardening in June

Finally our Elderflower tree in the garden has bloomed no thanks to the pigeons who have been nibbling at the flowers.  Elderflowers are really great for making cordial and sorbet with i have attached some links below for recipes.

Elderflower cordial
Elderflower Sorbet


Our garden is blooming with clematis's at the moment and we have 3 types this lovely purple one which is a new feature for the garden, a Monanta which is is the pale pink one and we have a very old clematis that covers pergola which is the white one.



Another new feature for this year are these Red hot pokers but we have got the purple variety instead of the orange.
 These young blue iris are two years old now and are start spread and have gone from 1 head to 4 this year lets hope we get 8 heads next year.
 Another established plant in the garden is the spreading geranium Rozanna which is now starting to self seed over the garden.
In a weeder (on purpose)  part of the garden buttercups are going mad raising up bright yellow heads searching out that missing sunshine 




Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?
 photo frogbutton.jpg


24 comments:

  1. I've planted two new irises this year and, like you, I'm hoping they'll produce a lot more next year. Fingers crossed, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we will have to swap iris shots next year

      Delete
  2. There are buttercups going nuts here too- I swear they are trying to form some sort of beanstalk to reach the clouds.

    Love that purple clematis, I've not seen one that colour before. Just lovely and vibrant photos - no wonder that bee's making himself at home!

    Thanks for joining in again and I'm now daydreaming of elderflower gin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats why i got the clematis i also hadnt seen that colour before....mmmmm elderflower gin

      Delete
  3. those clematis are so beautiful!! my mother in law has them here in west virginia also. your garden looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you i hope they grow and cover more of the pergola

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers, and I just love elderflower cordial - so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Clematis are looking wonderful - we've just bought one for our garden. It's already going mad! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you get lots of blooms too and thank you for coming by

      Delete
  6. Stunning photos! I love elderflower, their scent is divine isnt it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i love the scent floral and fresh :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures, I love your Red Hot Pokers, they are fab in purple, so unusual. Your Clematis is stunning and I've just read your Elderflower cordial recipe and I think I have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the lilac geranium, very unusual, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have 3 elder trees in our garden and I've never tried making elderflower anything. It's time I changed that so thank you for the links :)

    The clematis are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i hope you try something with your elderflowers

      Delete
  10. Clematis remind me of my childhood. Have tried in our garden but realised that roses do better... Gorgeous photos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love those red hot pokers! Just fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them as they were different i hope they take on well for next year

      Delete
  12. I love buttercups! even if they are everywhere, I think they are special - such joyful colour. reminds me also of one of my favourite movies, The Princess Bride with Princess Buttercup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right i the colour is special im glad we have so many in the garden

      Delete