Push pan 20cm

I have a favourite new cake tin. This 20cm Push pan was sent to me from Lakeland to test out and im so greatful i think its brilliant.




 As soon as i got it i gave it a good oil all over just to care for it and paided attention to the unique silicon seal that makes this pan so different. Its selling point is that because of the design of this silicon seal on the loose base if you need to cook a cheesecake or pudding in a bain marie style the water will not leak through and ruin your creation, i know that i had an awful experience with another pan where the water leaking through on my cheese cake resulting in me feeding it to my bin, so i cant wait to try this out. My thinking is if nothing can leak in this must mean no cake mix can leak out either.

 When i was filling the Push pan as you may have read from my post on the Easter Simnel cake that we had to measure out half the cake mix before putting in my marzinpan. But the clever lakeland people have put measurements inside the tin which really helped me get the two part spread of cake mix evenly between the marzipan.

The Push pan is made from silver anodised aluminium and when i baked the Easter simnel cake it gave a really great results with even temperatures over the tin making sure that the edge of the cake as well as the whole cake were cooked to perfection. My other cake tins always dry out the edges of my cakes and have have to over compensate on butter cream and hope nobody notices. This also means that the Push pan can reach a pretty impressive temperature of 230 c, I was cooking on a lower temperature but for a much longer period of time and the cake bake was just perfect showing that the tin was doing a great job.

I loved when it came to pushing the cake out of the Push pan i put the cake over a tub of golden syrup and pushed down gentle and like magic my cake appeared with no damage.  Which i was surprised at as i went to town on this tin filling it up with mix and this deep cake still popped out with a happy TA DA! look what you made.

After care of this sort of pan i would NEVER put this in the dishwasher and would wash it by hand and just with a sponge i would always make sure that i oiled it and lined it with paper even though the advice is you don't need to line the Push pan.  My granddad used to say look after your tools and they will look after you. 

Sadly for some of my other more unreliable cake tins of this size they will now be making an appeareance in my local charity shop. Move over there is a new pan in the kitchen and its a little bit bling too.

2 comments:

  1. Now hubbie is baking mad, lovely to hear about a decent pan! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking your baking hubby would like this maybe it would make a great father day pressy

    ReplyDelete