How does your garden grown May week 4

 This week on How does your garden grow we have been working on our hanging baskets and some pots.  Seeing as last week all the colours seemed to be greens and red we have injected some blues into the garden pallet.


 We have a 6 or 7 hanging baskets as so we choose some trailing flowers in the above colour scheme, then interjected these with bright red geraniums in alternative different baskets.
 I had 3/4 of a bag of compost that i had left open and a bird had gone inside and decided to build a nest lay eggs and then abandon the nest, much to my surprise as i went to grab a handful of soil.  Sophie was very quizative as she had never seen one before and to have so many eggs as well she got to satisfy her curiosity on how the nest was made and feel an egg.  We are going to take the nest to school as a show and tell and share it with her nursery friends.
 We have an old fireplace which we picked up at a boot fair many years ago and every year we plant it up with pretty flowers and i think it looks quiet smart and a little different than just using pots.

Here is my workforce hard at it weeding the veg patch while i plant up the flowers.  Actually Daddy is has taken full control of veg and delegated flowers to me, he is very happy with his up coming crops and his onions are doing really well.  Madam made friends with a worm and wasn't afraid to pick it up.




This post has be linked at the following sites 

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?




26 comments:

  1. I love the fireplace with the flowers. I'd never have thought to use one in such a way but I love it so much I'm going to be on the lookout for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we see them a lot at boot fairs, also auction houses that do brick a brack are quiet good :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic :) The bright red geranium is sensational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do love them they add studs of bright colour round the garden

      Delete
  3. Beautiful SUNNY pictures, our sunshine is scarce! The Geranium looks just gorgeous. I love the fire grate planter, it just looks fabulous filled with all those pansies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sun shine is scares here to we got 1 day of sun so i took the opportunity and got the camera out where has spring gone :(

      Delete
  4. That fireplace looks amazing! Really, really superb. I love that you've injected missing colours into the garden too - I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and try that too this week.

    How nice that everyone is involved from weeding to worm catching - and what a find with that next, I bet her class will be wowed!

    Thank you for linking up again my dear x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The class loved the nest and we ended up donating it to the school as it is now doing the rounds through all the classes ^^

      love the linky and looking forward to next week

      Delete
  5. Love the nest and the fireplace, good idea. katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from time to time i get hit in the head with good ideas :) i call it recycling chic

      Delete
  6. I love to see your little girl in the garden too. What a find with the birds nest! My wee man is a fan of worms too. Loving all the colours today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had her out helping in the garden since she was 1 her chief job is using
      Those little fingers to poke seeds into the earth. Aren't worms great

      Delete
  7. Love the fireplace, what a fab idea (might nick that). Really lucky to find the nest, gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome its nice to share an idea. :)

      Delete
  8. loving all the colors you have added and what an awesome nest! looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the pallet definately needed some blues added. What a shame the nest was abandoned

      Delete
  9. Lovely garden you have, that would have given me a fright finding the birds nest in the compost bag! Always shoving my hand in to grab some! Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not wrong i did get a frieght to i wasnt expecting the nest. Thank you for your lovely comments x

      Delete
  10. Really love the fireplace filled with flowers. I must look out for some items at the car boot to plant up. I love gardening but I hate worms, really hate to the point if one touched me I think I'd faint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw worms are nice really that make all that lovely worm casts that make the flowers grow they do feel a bit odd though so i leave them to Sophie to pick up

      Delete
  11. That fireplace looks amazing! What a brilliant idea. We found a nest in our shed recently, the kids loved seeing it. YOu have inspired me to get on make up some hanging baskets - I"ve never done it before, but have always meant to! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my job to do them every year next year i must make more of an effort to do them from seed again this year i gave myself an easy get out clause as baby is due very soon

      Delete
  12. Wow I'm loving that old fireplace, what a great idea. We have a Victorian sink we could probably plant in. Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i have seen sinks they look really nice planted up least you dont need to worry about a drainage hole :)

      Delete