Glee club UK Bedgrove

I have always been one of those girls that sings while doing my housework or in the car when i think people cant hear me.  I enjoy singing, i cant read music and i have no clue where i should sit in a choir.
I was browsing my reading pages on Facebook and i had been added to a new Bedgrove group by someone i am now grateful to as i discovered that Aylesbury has a Glee club.  I couldn't believe my eyes and had to double look, after watching the famous TV show i knew that the glee club was all about upbeat tunes and people coming together.  The Bedgrove Glee club is on a Tuesday night from 7.30pm till 9.30pm and welcome both male and female wanna be singers and costs only £6 per session.

Being a little nervous i was glad to be greeted by a lovely warm woman called Kim who explained the club to me, i was glad i didn't have to audition and i didn't need any experience or be able to read music and there were no pre madonna's either as the group sang as a choir. I heard there was a bit of dance but the ladies assured me they would be simple moves and nothing to worry about.

The group were split into 3 ranges low, medium with melodies and highs, in the 2 hours the captain who was Gill worked us through many songs these were just three of many we sang December 1964, Mamma mia, True colours.  She was really great helping with notes and adding humour making the evening very entertaining.  Kim took me under her wing and let me stand next to her and shared her music and helped me a lot with what we should be singing.
We got a break half way through which was great as this was a nice time to chat with the other choir members and what warm and friendly folk they are as my confidence grew in the session i could not take the smile off my face and i really enjoyed the song and the mix of people, im really looking forward to next weeks group, in fact i had so much fun i am now the latest fully paid up member which cost me a one off payment of £15 giving me access to all the sheet music downloads of songs and videos and a swanky new t shirt to wear when the group give concerts.  I guess my days of singing only in the car are coming to an end as i expand my repertoire into the Glee club 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Glee club! Glad you had a good time look forward to seeing your next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab club cant wait to dowload the music and practice

    ReplyDelete