Valentine Victoria hearts



My husband had a request for a Victoria sponge cake so for Valentines i thought i would make this a little more special for him with these mini Victoria sponge Valentine hearts. My hubby is a cake hater so i was bowled over when he said he wanted a Victoria sponge cake.  I got my trusty sue chef Sophie spooning out all the ingredients before she put these into the bowl.



We made the cake in a flat square tin and when it was cooled used my heart shape cookie cutter to cut into the sponge to create hearts.  These were then cut in half and jam and butter cream put inside to make the Victoria sponge filling .  a swirl of butter cream was put on top and one of my fondant roses placed on top to make them extra special.




7 comments:

  1. One day I shall come to yours for a high tea, another success methinks! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty! Thanks for linking up with the Cookery Showcase on Love All Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so pretty i bet your husband was touched that you went to so much trouble. i am so sorry about having to delete this from the linky but I am going to pin in x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing Helen, hope hubby enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmm they look perfect for afternoon tea with a cuppa! i am sure your hubby was very happy to come home to these x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just perfect! Got any left!??!? xx

    ReplyDelete