Bath Food Soap

My hubby has always loved a bubble bath and he loves his smellies even more, however he suffers from a bit of eczema when he uses soap and it didn't matter what brand i bought his eczema always flared up so i had a look at the ingredients one day to see what it was that was aggravating him.

being shocked by the amount of chemicals that were included i thought that this was more Cillet bang for your skin than something that gently washed and protected the largest organ of our body.

I looked into making my own soap and have been doing so for a few years now, which is great as my husband is also a cake hater and making soap helps vent out creating something lovely and has the added benefit of not going to your hips.  My favourite soaps are those that i make that also include my love of foraging and i have two signature soaps spring nettle soap bar and the other a rosehip and ginger pate bar.
This Christmas i venture out more into some fun scented soaps such as tangerine made using fresh zesty oranges and great as a wake up bar in the morning, cookie dough looks like dough and smells like it too its a fun bar for the kids to call there own and chocolate truffle made using real 70% Swiss dark chocolate very indulgent, there are a few more all lovely and kinder to the skin as i use olive oils and sweet almond oils and none of the nasty stuff i found in the ingredients of shop bought soap, my soaps are also cured for 6 weeks and  I also test all my soap not on animals but on my hubby Ali and my keen tester my daughter Sophie (2 years old) Ali's eczema has not flared up at all and i also feel happier that my daughters skin is better protected and clean and not had all the natural moisturisers found in skin stripped away from it.

I have recently made a page for my Bath food soap Bath food feel free to hop on over and like it and support me as i am looking to gather funding for some new recipes for the new year to include a lovely lavender and amber and a fresher lavender and lime bars,  i also grow the lavender in my garden especially for this. If i get enough support i will create these in small batches very soon.

my good friends review on my soap

1 comment:

  1. Just saw Karen's review of these, and I must say they look amazing, you are one very talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete