Pop Hearts

I sent Ali out at Christmas to buy me some short pastry and bless he came back with 6 boxes and sweet short pasty so now my freezer is clogged up with all this pastry and i have been wondering what to do with it, i was going to make some jam tarts with Sophie but as i have so much i can put a top and bottom on them and seeing as valentines is coming why not make them heart shaped.


 
So missy donned her apron and got pressing with her heart shaped cutter
Sophie brushed the hearts and made them all sticky before applying some home made plum jam and chocolate centres in separate hearts of course although when the chocolate came out more of it went in Sophie mouth than on the tarts
we finished off covering the heart with a top also heart shaped and pressed this into the bottom sticky heart to seal it Sophie then gave them all a good wash of milk before they went into the oven to cook.
While we waited for the pop hearts to cook, we mixed up batches of icing and Sophie chose pink, blue and yellow this was put into squirty icing bottles for Soph to squidgy all over the top of the hearts 
We named them pop hearts because it sounds like pop tarts and that we did some funky bright and colourful icing on the top like pop art.  As soon as they were finished Daddy was down stealing Sophie's creations and the icing hadn't even set yet.   

5 comments:

  1. Did they taste nice? They look fab and so much fun to make :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun you can see soph did most of the work all those months of baking together has paid off not bad for a two year old I'll have her on junior master chef and thank goodness I used up 2 boxes of pastry too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these so much. Honestly, you're so bloomin' talented. Every post I read, I think how brilliant the stuff you make is. You should go into business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on a minute - you ARE in business, I didn't realise Bath Soaps was you! Lovely stuff! Can I order some online? Sorry, being a bit dim today...

      Delete
  4. Hi liz lol thank you sooo much your really lovely, and you make me laugh. Yes have you liked my page the link is on the bath food post I'm even having a specail deal ATM so take advantage of it xxx

    ReplyDelete