Gardening in March


WEEK 1 Erg its still cold which is unusual at the time of year, but we are out in the garden doing the jobs we should be and I'm so happy to see all the bulbs I planted in January are starting to poke their heads up and say hello to give us some cheer and motivation in the garden.
Once again Sophie and her little fingers came in hand as we potted more seeds for our vegetable garden, broad beans, peas among some that we planted today as well as some marigolds for pest control and sunflowers to cheer the garden.



We also got the mower out and gave the lawn its first cut of the year and while my hubby was in the cutting mood got busy on some rampant clematis and trimmed back the hawthorn, of course Sophie doesn't like to be left out so joined in helping daddy.

WEEK 2 Getting ready for hanging baskets, this morning after breakfast enjoyed sitting out in the fresh air with the spring sunshine under my pear tree pricking and re potting the plants for my hanging baskets.  I  have a few to do as I dot them round the garden and one for the front of the house so I have a mixer of Begonia's, Petunia's, double Petunia's trailing Lobelia and trailing Ivy.

No comments:

Post a Comment