Cooking mini quiches with Sophie

I love to cook and I hope that cooking with Sophie will give her the same passion and skills.  When she was really small I used to sit her on the counter and let her watch me cook and I would tell her everything I was doing.  Now she has her own set of step ladders and likes to join in and get involved she is now 19 months old and is really showing a flair for cooking.
Here we are rolling pastry together and singing rolly rolly rolly, After cooking off some red onions and putting them in the bottom of the pastry shells, Sophie gets her pinching fingers into the thyme and sprinkles on top of the onions.
We roasted off the chipolata sausages and break them into 4 bits and put these on top of the onions and then whisk up the egg and milk.  I think multi tasking come early on for a woman as here is Sophie whisking the eggs and watching Waybuloo.  Gently taking the quiches to the oven to cook for 20 mins, mean while Sophie helps tidy up while she waits for her dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment