Wonderful Water Lilies

 We live near a canal and it is bustling fully of native water lilies i think they are called Spatterdocks and they seem to love the deep water in the canal as they all the way up one side of the water leaving just enough room for the barges to travel.

So from the simple yellow native water Lilly to some more ornamental pretty ones found on a day out that anyone would love floating in a pond or lake and seeing as they are all bursting forward and blooming this time of year here are some snaps to show how beautiful they are.
 Nymphaea pink tulips, aren't these lovely

 Nymphaea rose are above and Nymphaea Charlene below


 Nymphaea ultra violet below
These aquatic plants really are very pretty and calming to look at



 photo froghighlights.jpg



10 comments:

  1. I bet the water lilies look amazing when they all flower at once! The Nymphaea rose are my favourite because I love red and green together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! how gorgeous!!! your pictures are great. they remind me of monet paintings. how fortunate to live nearby such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous are these-I'd be there for hours trying to capture them! Beautiful photographs and how fabulous to live so close to such a wonderful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - so lovely Helen, see if that were me, I would have fallen in...
    I especially like the Nymphaea Charlene one. I can't think of the last time I was by a canal - must be at least 1990! Shame on me.
    Beautiful shots - and thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waterlilies are amazing aren't they, we have some in our local village pond too. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they are so pretty. We used to have a pond and a white lily in the pond, so pretty when it flowered, very envious you get to see them in a local canal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so awesome! I especially love the 5th one, Nymphaea pink tulips cuz of the roots under just gave everything a wild look! I love this! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty photographs! I love to see the lily flowers x #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots and what a great focus! We were admiring all the lily pads on a pond the others day, we have a good friend called Lily so the kids were fascinated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful collection. I love the delicate colors of water lilies.

    ReplyDelete