How does your garden grow week 1

The weather has been sunny but cold today but least it is not raining so the whole family bundled out into the garden for the first time this year to see the state of the garden.  We have had high winds like most of the country and one side of our garden all of the fence has come down we have a 70ft long garden so that's a lot of fence panels.  My one mission between changing nappies, chasing rabbits and stopping thing 1 upsetting thing 2 was to trim up the lavenders as they look really unkempt after last years growth.  The fence panel that hold up the fluffy clematis is also coming down so we will need to find out what the neighbors want to do but i suspect a big chop might be on the cards for this plant.

It ha been surprising mild here this year and my roses have been budding and flowering all year long reaching up to catch the winter sunlight.  With it being so mild there are lots of signs of things poking their heads up or refusing to give up for the year it is most strange to see.



Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

13 comments:

  1. I love the fluffy clematis :) It would be a shame to see that go. We've been watching the weather and the UK really has been battered! How amazing to see new shoots at this time of year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a plant that gives all year long so i wont be to rude with the cutting :)

      Delete
  2. how wonderful to still have such beautiful colors and a garden in the dead of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. We just moved to Maryland last fall and I suspect I will have rabbits in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those wonderful new shoots, exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful new growth - I love this time of the year, such promise! I too cut back my lavender recently, it was massive this year, which I loved but it was really woody and I don't think that's healthy! (It probably is now have culled it!)

    Loving the pretty greens in this post - makes me smile. Thanks for joining in and sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea there was such a thing as a fluffy clematis… what a brilliant plant! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like springtime! I love the fluffy clematis and am putting it on my wishlist for this year.

    ReplyDelete