Coffee and Cardamom Ice Cream


If you like cardamom then you will love this ice cream if you don't click off to read something else...

50g espresso coffee beans
1 tbsp cardamom pods
pinch of salt
4 egg yolks
100g of golden caster sugar
300ml whole milk
250ml of double cream


  • Wizz the coffee beans and cardamom till it becomes gritty but not a powder
  • Add to the milk and heat till steaming then leave to infuse for 30 mins
  • Sieve out the coffee and the cardamom  and add the cream and heat until steaming again
  • Whisk the eggs and sugar till light and fluffy
  • Add the warmed milk to the eggs and whisk constantly till all the milk is added
  • Heat the coffee custard till it reaches 85c then allow to cool before adding it to your ice cream machine 



 photo frogbutton.jpg


24 comments:

  1. Drool ! This soudns incredible! Bung some in the post to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm Helen that sounds amazingly delicious! I'd love it! x Happy Easter x #52CookBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!!! I need some of this in my life!! ...and an ice-cream machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge coffee fan but this would be a great thing to make for my Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love unusual ice-cream flavours and this one definitely fits the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE ice cream but hate coffee, so if you could make some other flavours and post them to me that would be fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge ice cream fan but don't like coffee. May try this for a friend though. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! That sounds delicious. I haven't had coffee ice cream for years - I must rectify that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an interesting combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love an ice cream machine and cardamom is a huge favourite flavour of mine so I am sure that I would love this ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could just eat this now! Love coffee ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love cardamom! This ice cream sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. look amazing! love to give it a try on my ice cream maker.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know some people who would love this (sadly I don't do coffee myself) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow how clever. Not sure I'd like coffee ice-cream mind.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this sounds delightful and definately smething my tasteuds would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds lovely! I hadn't heard of these two flavours going together in ice cream before

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never made my own ice cream, but this sounds super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a great combo.I have not thought to try this before although I do use cardamom a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore coffee ice cream and this looks even better

    ReplyDelete
  21. THat sounds delicious and I don't even like coffee x x

    ReplyDelete