Recycled gardening pots



Well we are getting busy in the garden and potting up is a job that requires a few different sizes of pots which i didn't  have so we headed out to buy some and when we found them in the shop 5 for £1.65 i kinda clenched up.


£1.65 may not seem a lot but 5 bog standed brown plastic pots for £1.65 is just to much to pay as 5 wouldn't be enough so by the time I picked up 10 packs that's £16.50 too much for something that probably cost a penny each to manufacture. So I had a think, and considering i had already turned an old iron fire place into a small flower bed, (see pic above) which i think looks rather pretty and different, the task wasn't to taxing.  When ever you buy anything from the supermarket theses days it's covered in too much plastic packaging and we are avid recyclers so I decided to do a bit of dumpster diving in our own plastic recycling bin and found all sorts of treasures.

After a wash a trim of various different containers i got myself a booty of free pots, to put all my plants in and although they are a higgley jiggly hootch potch of pots I kinda like that, especially as I didn't have to pay any money for them and that I recycled my own recycling bin makes me feel a little pleased for myself.
Here's my potting area under the pear tree complete with steamer to relax in after working so hard, if you can see there are the tops of the milk bottles wired to the fence used for holding tools and other useful things, nothing wasted.

1 comment:

  1. this is such a briliant idea Helen :) well done to you and your little helper Sopihe :) xx

    ReplyDelete