On yer bike


With petrol prices soaring it really is getting to expensive to get in a car, and driving short trips around town to pick up earneds or do a bit of shopping really is not efficient with all the stop starting of town driving. last year i sold my car so no more costs on MOT services, insurance, tax as well as the ever increasing petrol prices.


So I got Ali to invest £80 in a bike seat for my bike.  My arguing for one was that as a family we sometimes go for a cycle on the canal toe paths to do an activities together and Centre parcs is all about cycling and as soon as we can afford a bike rack we will take our own bikes, also as i had sold my car i had no way to ship the little lady about. I hooked out an old ruck sack to put my shopping in which again please Ali as i could only come home with the stuff on my back another good way not to impulse buy. We also got Sophie a helmet which is to big for her even though its the smallest you can buy but she will grow into it, as Im one of those pains in the arse people who cycle on the pavements I'm not to bothered about her not wearing it, as it is rare see anyone on the pavements so its not that bad.

The bike has been really great ferrying the little lady to playgroup, swimming, town, shopping etc and we get to see so much more on the bike and can stop and look at things that interest us, like the field of cows on the way to playgroup or the ducks as we cross a bridge, stopping to see a fire engine with its siren and flashing lights or a big lorry which also helps to boost her vocabulary as everything used to be car on the road.

Another good reason for getting out on the bike was that the first year of Sophie in the world was hell she was not a great sleeper as she was really clingy and I would get 2-3 hours sleep so snacked a lot to get the energy to be able to be there and do my mum role, consequently I went up 2 dress sizes, and taking time out to go to a gym really isn't going to happen when your on 24 hour call, plus I'm not really a gym sort paying money to not go to a boring repeative gym. diets really don't work as you need to change eating habits permanently not just for a few weeks, and you probably see from my blog I enjoy to cook. I like to cycle so this fits in just nicely for my personnel exercise.

Its good fun especially on sunny or cool days, but when it rains I'm staying inside, i cycle at my own pace and enjoy the scenery and feel glad i don't have all these out going high costs that come with owning a car.
 photo frogbutton.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment