Red velvet cakes


I love baking and there's nothing better than sharing the offerings of your hard work after and see a little bliss on some ones face.

Today I made some red velvet cakes to take to a friends house they are from the Hummingbird bakery book a Christmas present from my hubby, and well worth the buy.  I was really impressed with the way the sponge rose and stayed up after coming out of the oven and I was really intrigued with the fact that the recipe used white wine vinegar and buttermilk in the sponge both of which I have never used in cup cakes before, they tasted really great the cupcake part was really light and fluffy and tasted of chocolate and vanilla bean. I added vanilla bean instead of essence but I am sure it does not matter seeing as bean essence is much nicer, and what of that colour such a interesting red which comes from mixing coco powder and red colouring together.  The frosting was another yummy addition made up of cream cheese and icing sugar which I finished off with a little red edible glitter, they went down very nicely with a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment