Little Garden

  We have some big or should i say small ideas with another project for the garden, first off we bought a selection of water leeks and alpines and spent the afternoon splitting them to make babies and more plants.

We have an old apple tree that has lots of holes in it and we also collected a lot of strange shaped logs when we have chopped trees back in the garden or found on our walks and piled these round the trees, we hope maybe a mini beast or two might visit.   Between the cracks we have put these lovely blue flower i cant remember the name something like bluebell grapes and placed strange mossy sticks big stones and shells, pine cones etc.



We stuffed some of the smaller holes with some amazing long strokable moss we found out and about on our walks and we hope its takes,  We also planted a tumberling tom in one of the bigger holes and we know this will fill up the space and blossom with lots of tiny flowers later in the season.


using my trusty iron fire place we planted it up for a little garden and using a mini green house base made another garden with a path a mossy lawn with pine cone bushes and miniature plants.  As you can see the girls settled into the garden well and soaked up some rays.  After the success of Christmas and little door adventures we have decided to call this little garden.










 photo frogbutton.jpg




Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow? We Made That Fluster Buster

19 comments:

  1. I love those bluebells. Me and my sister use to have fun popping the pods open when we were kids (probably much to my parents' annoyance). This project is a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it all!
    Those blue flowers just POP, and the little garden is a lovely addition, it's wonderful that your children are so involved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those blue flowers what are they called??? #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea, such a wonderful way to play and explore too, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's lovely, like a little mini wonderland! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I LOVE this! Such a sweet idea, and one that doesn't take up much room too. I keep saying I'm going to do something like this with Kitty - I'm going to have to pull my finger out and get on with it now - you've spurred me on!

    Thanks for joining in again and sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this! It's so adorable and so sweet to see how happy your daughter is watering it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! that is such a wonderful idea *runs off to buy alpines*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little garden! I want one too! soooo gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so magical! #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo What a lovely place for the Polly Pockets! We have the same lady with the pink bandana. She's been roaming round our garden for a couple of years now, but is looking a bit worse for wear now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all the little bits and pieces in your garden, it looks so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's amazing how plants will grow in even the tiniest crack or crevice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! The girls keep asking me if we can make a fairy garden again. I must get my act together and get it sorted for them because they love making it and they played with the last one all summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I love the "little garden" area! I would have loved something like this when I was younger, what a magical idea for any little girl xx #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Helen I love this, such a wonderful idea and it looks fabulous too. I would love to do something like this with POD, she's 3 now so she'd love it. The garden overall is such a challenge at the moment though!

    ReplyDelete