Why i am removing Tots100, Foodie100 ,britmums, netmums and klout

Apart from never getting any traffic from these sites over the four years of blogging and scores fluctuating or not being correct, which gives loads of confidence for a blogger as to what systems these people are using to judge us.

Blogging has totally changed, long gone are the days when bloggers scores were a true reflection on how their blogs were performing.  Which is great for SEOs and bloggers who want to work together as an advertising and earning revenue.  Scores opened doors.

These are now being falsified and skewed by bloggers, which is pretty shit.  One way through the etiquette or NOT of comments ( see Wot no comments) is through closed groups on facebook.  There are many clans out there that bloggers can join where they round robin comment each other to create traffic, post hits, comments and even boost klout scores, ( Really !! thats kinda cheating isnt it ??? erm now i know why that tinned tuna and pasta post got 40 hits ).

i can understand the frustrations of bloggers spending time writing, taking photos, joining linkies and getting little or  no action on their blogs, so this being a way to get action. But it feels and is fake and false. So now there are communities faking up the scores which feed into all of the above in my title making blogging a compleatly different animal a wolf in sheeps clothing, not a true representation of what and how a real blog is performing.  So i am now removing them as they mean absolutely nothing.

Other grumbles 
Wot no commnets
Why i wont beg for your votes 

6 comments:

  1. Good for you, I have been considering the same myself. I often read posts where people are fretting over their stats! I personally haven't got the time or energy to worry. Good luck, I enjoy reafing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, I have been considering the same myself. I often read posts where people are fretting over their stats! I personally haven't got the time or energy to worry. Good luck, I enjoy reafing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i feel better already, i was never one to get hung up over them but seeing the score once a month and seeing it go down down down even though i picked up my game more more more just made me weep when i see sweets thrown at cake post doing better than me, the whole thing is just so fake.

      Delete
  3. Helen i could kiss you right now! I so agree with you. My foodies score is 0 every month and yet i blog at least one food post a week if not more. People get soooo hung up on thier rankings dont they? I think it is the interaction through commenting or tweeting etc... that really counts to be honest. I have no idwa how to get inot the elusive Tots 100 actual 100 i have been blogging for 4 years and have never made it
    i applaud you for removing your badges!!
    and i will read your other grumbles later only my boys are causing havoc as i write this!! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i feel glad not to have them, i dont care, they are gone i wont need to check them to get the monthly kick in the fail pants for loads of hard work i put into my blog it will be interesting to see in another 6 months how screwed up the system gets as tinned tuna on pasta ranks number 1 Yipee

      Delete
  4. This is really interesting, I am far too hung up on the stats, and I am trying hard not to be... Admittedly my scores have been going up, but I look at the top blogs and I do wonder what I'm doing wrong... And, that isn't the way I should be looking at it. I should simply be enjoying writing what I write. I suspect if I get back to that, I might find that it all happens by itself xx

    ReplyDelete