Edible paint for babies


I do love crafting with my girls and it seems to be on hold atm due to one thing or another in life getting in the way and also with Ella being so small has ruled out playing with tiny sequins, globby glue and real paints.  I was really itching to introduce my littlest lady to being creative so now she is of a decent size to enjoy it we made some edible paints just incase little fingers went into the mouth while we played, however i didnt need to worry about that as she must have my creative gene and had loads of fun finger painting she didnt want to put it in her dribbly chops
So how do you make edible paint, OH so easy mix up some flour and water to a nice moveable gloopy consistency and separate little blobs of gloop and with a toothpick add Wilton food gels as they are bright, strong and have excellent colours ( i think i need to contact Wilton the amount of exposure i give them on my blog)
The consistency is brill and hold on the finger to make marks and also sits great on paper and the colours stay good and strong when spread about.  Here is my little Picasso's first work of art now proundly on my art wall, good job Ella !



 photo frogbutton.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment