Frangipane mince pies



Completely bored by the traditional mince pie, here is a sweet change to the traditional.

I used ready rolled sweet pastry, some of my no suet mincemeat that i made and then topped with the frangipane mix.  i dusted mine with icing sugar.  These are really so good that they have now become our adopted mince pie for the Christmas season.

Frangipane recipe
100g butter
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
100g ground almonds
1 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp almond extract

mix the butter and sugar together to cream
add 2 beaten eggs slowly, the mix may look like it will curdle but this is ok
add the ground almonds, flour and extract and mix briefly

add to the top of your mince pies and cook for 15 mins on 180c

 photo IMG_0938.jpg

 photo froghighlights.jpg


6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i bet these were delicious Helen! i love the thought of adding some almondy frangipane to the top of mincemeat yum!
    please link up the the xmas GBBO x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum would go mad for these! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh frangipane! this is got to be most clever mince pie recipe i've seen all season! I followed you here from the Christmas Foodie roundup on BritMums. I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party this week for food and recipe posts. The party appears on 10 blogs and I pin EVERY post that is shared! We’d love to have you! You can find this week’s party on my blog. http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/free-blog-advertising.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for linkig this up Helen - i would still like to try one please x x

    ReplyDelete