Motivating rotavating


the last few days has seen the temperature rise to 5 degrees and we feel the promise of spring in the air especially as their are snow drops popping up all over the place.  Last year we had a lovely red tractor come visit our meadow and turn it over making some proper farmer style farrows which we had to leave over the winter to let all the hard frost in to kill the bad bacteria and give the worms a chance to do their job.   

Now with spring motivating us to go out more to the garden and giving us hope and promises of good life dreams we are able to rotavate  those giant farrows down into crumbly manageable soil, and what wonderful soil we have too i cant wait to get my hands into it.  Above is a picture of Nev and his lovely bigger red Massey Ferguson tractor with a farming rotavator attached.  With the promise of spring and the new land being turned over we cant help feeling excited and very motivated about being out doors in the garden.


13 comments:

  1. Never realised frost could actually do some good! This looks like lots of fun, I need a bigger garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think we must have been the only people excited about frost this year

      Delete
  2. a tractor makes life so much easier when dealing with a large piece of land, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and very exciting to have turn up and drive around

      Delete
  3. Ah to live the Good Life. It's my dream one day! Glad you have a tractor, can you imagine digging that over by hand!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so much earth to get going on! I'd love to have a go on that tractor, I'd probably do a terrible job though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, look at that-my son would never leave if he saw that tractor in action! How very exciting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still very much winter here. Jealous of your lovely warm looking earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I can already imagine what to do with a space that big!!! So many possibilities! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! I want to drive that tractor too! It's so exciting to see it being rotavated - what have you planned with it next?
    I hope you are enjoying all your room there lovely - and belated happy new year wishes I believe!

    Thanks for joining in again x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real blank canvas for you there...and please can I be next driving the tractor after Annie?! x #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh a tractor, my son would be very excited. Could do with it at my allotment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is something wonderful about afield of freshly cultivated soil - so much promise ...

    ReplyDelete