Creatures in the woods

Following on from Forest in bloom here are some animal shots just to give something a bit different to all the flowers

 I have myself a lovely new lens that makes me feel like a pap as it is huge long and heavy and extends to give lens envy, so while out taking pics in the woods i hitched on my 500mm and i am so glad Ella has strengthened my arms to be able to hold it with a steady'ish hand to take some pictures of a few of the locals.

We could feel eyes upon us as we walked around and the rustle in the trees as beady black eye silent faces followed us menacingly, wondering what we were up to. There were squirrel gathering and one of them got brave and run down the tree and stood blocking the path ahead of us with one arm to his chest we though he almost looked like he was bowing to us.  As quick as he came he was off in the bushes again climbing high up out of our reach.
We decided to take it more silently and came across this dozy bunny resting in the tracks, but 4 year olds roaring whispers soon had him up on his feet and hopping off.
We were even lucky enough to get a glimps of a deer before it scarpered off 

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?
 photo frogbutton.jpg

12 comments:

  1. That lens is a great investment! Lots of lovely shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic shots. I love the squirrel pictures, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, what a woodland treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Telefoto lens? whoa! Awesome photos! I always love the brightness in your photos! This one is so vivid and I am sure you are far and yet these looks like you took them near. Yes I am gushing =) #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, how lovely to see! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos - we have red squirrels here but without a good lens I have no decent pictures of them .... oooh - but I do have a birthday coming up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. I love deer, so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe... how cheeky does that squirrel look Popping over from: #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Helen what lovely photographs and to catch the deer was great timing! Beautiful x #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh to be able to zoom so close in *excited face*. Loving your escapades in the woods ta the moment!

    Thank you for sharing these xxx

    ReplyDelete