Phacelia

 
 I really love where we live, we are so lucky surrounded by farm country I seem to be spoilt for choice for things to look at and you really do notice all the subtle changes each season bring.  I can literally walk out of my front door walk 400 yards and be greeted by this field of strange but very beautiful plants, this is Phacelia, grown for a few reason one as a green manure but also grown to help bring in all the beneficial insects needed for pollination and eating all those aphids, it is also a great meadow plant for the same reasons. 
 
I love the colour very effeminate with frothy tops of pretty flowers underneath a gorgeous structural spiral of trumpets holding all those lovely blooms.  I am definitely going to get a packet of seeds of this for our meadow I think they are just divine.








No comments:

Post a Comment